Travelers Techsure goes virtual for 2020
The highly successful Travelers Techsure event was delivered virtually this month, aimed at Technology and Cyber brokers...
With over 200 people watching online the event featured Travelers Europe specialists discussing managing contracts as well as external speakers sharing the latest news in Medical Technology, Intellectual Property and the impact of 5G.
Iain Hennessey, Consultant Paediatric and Neonatal Surgeon Clinical Director at Alder Hey Innovation Hub spoke about how COVID-19 has jammed the accelerator on new medtech adoption and is pushing the boundaries of communication between doctors, between doctors and patients, and between doctors and robots.
Mark Beer OBE, a commercial lawyer, discussed how Intellectual Property is critical to corporate valuation - intangible assets represent 84% of the value of S&P and how that figure is likely to grow.
Edgar Perez, a leading expert on 5G, A.I. and Quantum, shared how the latest generation of wireless technology (5G), is expected to deliver a dramatically improved customer experience.
Whilst we may remember 2020 as the year of COVID-19, it has also been the year that demonstrated the true value of technology. It’s been a particularly dynamic period for UK tech:
- Between March and August, 72%of UK tech businesses saw an increase in demand for their services.
- At its height, about 40%of the UK’s working population were fully working from home this year.
- There has been over $5 billion in investment in new tech start-ups this year, with the UK ranking third highest in investment globally, behind only China and the US.
To make the most of the tech opportunity, Travelers…
- Refreshed our combined package for the tech sector to keep pace with what clients need.
- Will soon roll out anew SME online PI capability for brokers that extends to software tech clients.
- Will be looking to develop and expand capabilities in the south west of England by early 2021.
Feedback from the event has been really positive with one delegate commenting “Excellent choice of speakers, very knowledgeable, current and relevant. Really useful information to use when speaking to clients. The additional comments added by Travelers staff on policy features relating to the topic are also very useful and noted. Thanks again”.