RSA claims function achieves Chartered status
RSA is proud to announce that its UK claims function has been awarded chartered status by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)...
There are 1,100 people in RSA’s UK claims function, all of whom will now have access to the training and development resources and other opportunities available through the new accreditation. The CII aims to build public trust in insurance by raising professional standards, technical competence and business capability.
RSA’s claims function accreditation by the CII follows RSA’s Commercial and Global Risk Solutions businesses and UK Chief Underwriting Office also gaining chartered status in May 2017.
Karl Helgesen, RSA UK & International chief claims officer, said:
“As we continue towards our ambition to become a best-in-class claims function, with claims being a differentiator for RSA, gaining chartered status is a major milestone in our journey. It is an achievement that we are confident will resonate well with our brokers and customers.
“Getting here has involved an impressive commitment across claims, as we worked to meet the range of criteria set out by the CII. Our aim is that as many of our people as possible will take advantage of the benefits that chartered status brings.”
These benefits of chartered status include:
- Exclusive access to a comprehensive library, including premium third party research databases, topical learning resources, thought leadership and policy guidance
- Discounts on qualifications and learning materials and access to revision and exam resources
- Professional designation upon completion of relevant qualifications to demonstrate knowledge and technical capability
- Career support through local institute events, training and networking opportunities
- Market news and updates from the award-winning membership magazine 'The Journal'
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme to keep knowledge current and compliant
- Sector-specific topical updates and support through membership of one of six specialist faculties.
Sian Fisher, CEO of the CII, said:
“We are delighted that RSA has expanded its chartered status to include its claims staff across all of its business units, including both commercial businesses and personal lines. RSA is now one of the largest chartered firms in the UK market and we applaud its commitment to professional standards. Customers are increasingly looking at chartered status as the badge of commitment to standards, professionalism and trust.”
Steve Lewis, CEO, UK & International, RSA, said:
“We are committed to raising professional standards and to providing high-quality training and development opportunities to our people. We also want to ensure that technical competence in underwriting, pricing and claims is at the heart of what we do.
“Chartered status is a fantastic achievement for our claims teams, and demonstrates the value that we place in our people and the value our business places in integrity, technical competence, business capability and customer service.”
For more information visit: www.rsagroup.com.