Guy Carpenter Announces Senior Appointments To Enhance Client Value
Guy Carpenter & Company has announced a series of international leadership appointments following the Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) acquisition...
The appointments, effective immediately, reflect Guy Carpenter’s (GC) ongoing strategic efforts to align the firm’s structure, to integrate the capabilities of JLT Re and to create a leadership team that enhances the company’s ability to deliver strategic services, solutions and value to clients.
London North America
Kevin Fisher has been appointed as Chairman of London North America, in addition to his previously announced role as Chairman of UK and Global Specialties. He will continue reporting to Peter Hearn, President & CEO of Guy Carpenter.
Global Capital Solutions
Vicky Carter, currently Chairman of Global Strategic Advisory, has been appointed Chairman of Global Capital Solutions, International. She will continue reporting to Mr. Hearn and will work closely with David Priebe, Vice Chairman of Guy Carpenter and Head of the Global Capital Solutions Group to bring the unit’s offerings to clients around the world. The Global Capital Solutions Group is comprised of GC Securities, led by Shiv Kumar, and Global Risk Solutions (formerly known as Global Capital Solutions), led by Ed Hochberg.
James Boyce will continue in his role as CEO of Global Specialties, reporting to Mr. Hearn. Bradley Maltese has taken up his recently appointed role as Vice Chairman of Global Specialties, reporting to Mr. Boyce. Each Global Specialties segment will have a leader reporting to Mr. Boyce, as well as a senior leadership team responsible for advancing the business and the integration of clients and colleagues.
- Marine & Energy will continue to be led by Jim Summers.
- The senior leadership team will be comprised of: Graham Devlin, Nick Jay and Martin Stephenson
- Aviation & Aerospace will continue to be led by Ian Wrigglesworth.
- The senior leadership will be comprised of: Graham Barden, Paul Smith, Barry Stiff and Martin Stoney
- Non-Marine Specialties will continue to be led by Richard Morgan.
- The senior leadership team will be comprised of: Bill Bennett, Richard Carver, Paul Esterbrook, Stephen Firmin, Roland Morse, Simon Sharpe and Dean Smith
- Trade Credit & Political Risk will be co-led by David Edwards and Ashley De Laroque.
- David Edwards will focus on the production and servicing of international clients working closely with the wider International platform.
- Ashley De Laroque will focus on the production and servicing of London market clients.
James Nash will continue in his role as CEO of International, reporting to Mr. Hearn. The following business units and leaders will report to Mr. Nash.
- Carolyn Morley and Ian Kerton will co-lead a newly combined unit which will bring together the capabilities of the Global Casualty and UK Property & Casualty teams. This market leading unit will allow us to deliver the best of Guy Carpenter to our clients.
- Carolyn Morley will lead the Global Casualty business, continuing to advise global clients and driving production around the world.
- Ian Kerton will lead the drive for growth in the London market, and maintain responsibility for South Africa.
- Jonathan Fahie has been appointed Chief Operating Officer for this unit
- Charles Whitmore will continue in his role as Head of the Placement Solutions Group.
- Shaun Scade will continue in his role as Head of Accident & Health.
- Massimo Reina will continue in his role as CEO of Continental Europe & Middle East.
- Tony Gallagher will continue in his role as CEO of Asia Pacific and Jeremy Fox has moved into his previously announced role as Chairman of Asia Pacific.
- Aidan Pope, CEO of Latin America & Caribbean, plans to retire from Guy Carpenter. Aidan will stay for a transitionary period to ensure the successful completion of the renewal season and the transition of leadership. We would like to thank Aidan for his 10 years of service to Guy Carpenter and we wish him the very best in his retirement.
- A LAC senior leadership group has also been created and tasked with the integration of JLT Re clients and colleagues, the production of new business and the servicing of existing clients. In the interim this group will report to James Nash and will be composed of: Roberto Cauldron, Pedro Farme, Erik Lakatos and Anthony Mirabal
“Our focus throughout the integration is building a structure that allows our firm and our colleagues to deliver the full value of the combined organization to clients,” said Peter Hearn, President and CEO of Guy Carpenter. “We are confident that we have the right structure, leaders and teams in place to deliver on Guy Carpenter’s commitment to its clients: to identify opportunity in risk that will drive profitable growth.”
In addition, after more than 40 years of leadership in the reinsurance business, Ross Howard, Vice Chairman of Guy Carpenter, plans to retire later this year. In the interim he will continue to support the company’s integration efforts and ensure the combined business delivers maximum value.
Mr. Hearn added: “I would like to thank Ross Howard for his partnership during the integration process, his advocacy for colleagues and clients across the organization and his contribution to the reinsurance industry over the past 42 years.”