This follows Gallagher Re’s announcement of Heather Bone as its new CEO in Australia in February, and wider range of senior appointment hires within its Australian operations.
· Yuan Tian has joined Gallagher Re as the Strategic and Financial Analytics Lead for Asia Pacific, to provide clients with the perspective of key external stakeholders, including rating agencies, regulators, investors and shareholders. Most recently, Yuan was a Senior Financial Analyst at AM Best for a portfolio of life and property and casualty (re)insurers in the South Asia region. Yuan is a qualified actuary with broad-ranging experience across actuarial, risk management and data analytics, having previously worked in London and Singapore.
· Roshan Perera joins Gallagher Re’s Regional Development Team in Asia Pacific as Executive Director to support strategic client engagement around risk, capital and earnings issues in the region and will be based in Kuala Lumpur. Roshan brings a wealth of experience in addressing complex insurance issues in both the public and private sector to his new role. He joins from his most recent position as a Partner at NMG Consulting, and has over 20 years’ experience delivering actuarial & strategic advisory projects across developed and emerging markets.
· Cliff Downing brings more than 35 years’ experience to his new role as Executive Director in a senior, regional property role, covering both treaty and facultative disciplines. Cliff has worked in Australia, London, Singapore and Malaysia and has been involved in some of the largest and more complex reinsurance programmes for insureds and reinsureds across the Asia Pacific region, including Japan and Australasia.
· Richard Sanders has been appointed Research and Advisory Lead in Asia Pacific, bringing 30 years’ experience in the field of catastrophe modelling and risk analysis. Richard will work with Gallagher Re’s teams in Asia Pacific and with the wider Gallagher Re practice and product groups to enhance their regional capabilities in areas such as climate and broader ESG themes. He will also act as the principal contact point for public private partnerships in Asia Pacific.
· Andy Hulme has joined Gallagher Re as Head of Actuarial for Australia and New Zealand. A qualified actuary by profession, Andy brings more than 25 years’ experience in the (re)insurance industry having worked in both direct insurance companies and reinsurance brokers across the UK and Australia, including experience in the wider APAC region. During this time, he provided trusted advice to a range of government and commercial entities in relation to insurance risk transfer.
· Hitoshi Sonobe has joined Gallagher Re as Head of Analytics for Malaysia. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Hitoshi will be at the forefront of Gallagher Re’s analytics proposition for its Malaysian client base, while leading and harnessing the competence of the growing local team. He will build on the delivery of quality ground-up reinsurance analytics, while strengthening the cohesion of advice across the risk-spectrum.
Mark Morley, Managing Director of Asia Pacific at Gallagher Re, said: “Earlier this year we announced the appointment of our new Australian CEO, Heather Bone, as well as the expansion of our Australian team with a raft of key client-focused hires. These latest senior appointments build out our strategic analytical, actuarial and client engagement capabilities across the wider Asia Pacific region, which continues to be a significant growth area for Gallagher Re.
“Investment in attracting and retaining talent and expertise will always be a priority for us to support the evolution of our client proposition and we are excited by the breadth and depth of experience that our new colleagues bring to the team; their input will be essential to our continued success in the region.”
Scan here to download the app