Beazley Designs of the Year reveals 2019 winners
Beazley Designs of the Year reveals 2019 winners...
Anatomy of an AI System by Kate Crawford and Vladan Joler has been named overall winner of Beazley Designs of the Year 2019.
The infographic and research project unearths the social and environmental impact of voice assistant devices – including the human labour, data and resources that are required during the lifespan of a device.
Now in its 12th year, Beazley Designs of the Year celebrates innovative and impactful products, concepts and designers by showcasing world-class design projects from the last 12 months.
The Beazley Designs of the Year exhibition is at the Design Museum's home in Kensington, London, until 9th February 2020.
The winners of the six categories are as follows:
- Maya Somaiya Library
- Designers: Sameep Padora and Associates
Digital (and overall winner)
- Anatomy of an AI System
- Designers: Kate Crawford of AI Now Institute and Vladan Joler
- adidas Originals by Ji Won Choi
- Designers: Ji Won Choi in collaboration with adidas
- Amorepacific architectural branding
- Designers: Sascha Lobe at Pentagram with L2M3
- CATCH: The HIV Detector
- Designers: Hans Ramzan
- GACHA Self-driving Shuttle Bus
- Designers: MUJI and Sensible 4