Aon and Norton™ LifeLock™ Develop Solution to Help High-Net-Worth Individuals Defend Assets Against Cyber Criminals
Aon plc Norton LifeLoc, have announced the development of a comprehensive solution that will help high-net-worth individuals be protected online and safeguard their assets from lurking cyber criminals...
“Our proprietary platform utilizes a scalable, dynamic infrastructure to deliver best-in-class solutions to our clients,” said J. Hogg, CEO of Cyber Solutions at Aon. “This collaboration advances our ability to address some of our clients’ most complex and ever-evolving cyber security challenges.”
“Our digital lives allow us to do incredible things, but there is a price – and it often comes with a risk to our privacy, personal data and sometimes, our assets,” said Samir Kapuria, executive vice president and general manager, Consumer Digital Safety, Symantec. “We’re proud to partner with Aon on a joint mission of delivering innovative and comprehensive cyber safety solutions focused on managing digital risk for their clients.”
Expected to arrive near Spring 2019, the comprehensive, integrated solutions will be available through a seamless, easy-to-use app that will help manage and respond to the client’s cyber security risks while helping protect their devices, online privacy, identity and network connections.
The solution will include:
- Aon’s customized and individual risk diagnostic and enhanced cyber insurance, which will help provide the high-net-worth segment with broader coverage than currently available in the marketplace
- Norton Security, which helps protect up to 10 Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS devices against cyber threats, including viruses, malware, ransomware and spyware
- Norton Secure VPN, which encrypts online connections to help protect the data sent to and from devices when using public Wi-Fi
- LifeLock+ Ultimate Plus™ identity theft protection, which uses proprietary information to look for and identify a wide range of potential threats to a client’s identity++
- Norton Family Premier to help clients manage their family’s devices, teach their children about online safety and balance their screen time‡
- A support team should a high-net-worth client need insurance remediation or claims assistance
- U.S.-based identity theft restoration specialist dedicated to the client’s case from start to finish
“The threat landscape today has evolved at an exponential rate due to the sheer number of end points that leave both individuals and businesses vulnerable to cyber threats,” said Jim Trainor, senior vice president of Cyber Solutions at Aon and contributing author of the second edition of Navigating the Digital Age. “High-net-worth individuals often have complex, varied assets with multiple touchpoints. This offering was designed to help prevent cyber criminals from accessing their assets, bringing together risk assessment, cyber security technology and insurance in an all-in-one solution that will help enable protection for these individuals and their holdings.”
Many families need protection today more than ever before. The 2017 Norton Cyber Security Insights Report found that in the United States alone, 143 million consumers were victims of cybercrime – more than half the U.S. adult online population. Their losses totaled $19.4 billion and each victim lost an average of nearly 20 hours (19.8 hours) dealing with the aftermath2. Aon also found that with over 5.3 million high-net-worth individuals in America alone, 77 percent are more concerned about the risks posed to their personal finances by cybersecurity and related issues like identity theft than traditional wealth management challenges, such as market volatility (60 percent) or changing interest rates (39 percent).
“High-net-worth individuals can be a lucrative target for cyber criminals,” said Fredrik Torstensson, senior vice president, Global Consumer Sales, Consumer Digital Safety, Symantec. “Attackers have an array of tools at their disposal, but often a simple malware attack paired with social engineering is enough for a hacker to access an individual’s assets and wreak havoc. Together with Aon, we are helping empower these individuals with the right tools that are tailored to their unique needs.”
To learn more about the solutions offered by Aon and Norton™ LifeLock, visit Aon.com and Norton.com.