Mining
Mining
News, insights and thought leadership for re/insurance professionals with an interest in mining.

Rivers near congo copper and cobalt mines are toxic, report says - Mining Weekly

Scientists from Congo's University of Lubumbashi tested water in four rivers this month near some of the country's largest mines and found them to be “hyper-acidic”...
Scientists from Congo's University of Lubumbashi tested water in four rivers this month near some of the country's largest mines and found them to be “hyper-acidic”...
miningweekly.com / Article / 21 hours ago

Kenmare secures new $200m facility - Mining Weekly

London-listed Kenmare Resources, operator of the Moma titanium minerals mine, in northern Mozambique, has secured a funding package to refinance a maturing revolving credit facility...
London-listed Kenmare Resources, operator of the Moma titanium minerals mine, in northern Mozambique, has secured a funding package to refinance a maturing revolving credit facility...
miningweekly.com / Article / 4 days ago

The Transportation of Gold

Gold's association with money, status, power, and immortality spans cultures worldwide. From black gold (oil) to white gold (double glazing), the precious metal is commonly added as a suffix to indicate an entity's...
Gold's association with money, status, power, and immortality spans cultures worldwide. From black gold (oil) to white gold (double glazing), the precious metal is commonly added as a suffix to indicate an entity's...
Article / 8 days ago

Peru approves Buenaventura silver mine with $144 million investment - MINING.COM

Buenaventura said it would start a first phase of explorations “in the short-term” funded with $84 million while at least $30 million would contribute to a second...
Buenaventura said it would start a first phase of explorations “in the short-term” funded with $84 million while at least $30 million would contribute to a second...
mining.com / Article / 9 days ago

To keep scrolling...

Popular

Vale faces $3.8 billion claim in Dutch case over Mariana dam break - Reuters
Read more
Tokio Marine's strengthened climate policy does not go far enough - Insure Our Future
Read more
Greenwashing fears dampen global interest in Japan's inaugural transition bonds
Read more
Tokio Marine to drop companies that ignore decarbonisation targets
Read more
Probitas pulls out of EACOP and West Cumbria coal mine - Insure Our Future
Read more
Securing access to critical metals – is US and EU collaboration possible?
Read more
Why people in nearly 30 countries are protesting at insurance companies this week - Insure Our Future
Read more
Extinction Rebellion occupy insurance offices in protest
Read more
Global Week of Action Calls on Insurance Companies to Take Urgent Climate Action - Insure Our Future
Read more
X
To access all features and create your own personalised dashboard, log in or sign up for free