The contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is responsible for GDPR:
James Richards, Data Protection Officer, Slipcase:
Who is Slipcase?
MySlipcase Limited (whose registered address is Alexandra House, St Johns Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP12SB and registered company number 07749256) provides a (re)insurance news and insights database subscribed to by professionals working in the global commercial & specialty (re)insurance industry. Our database contains content, content previews and contact details, relevant to industry professionals.
Slipcase is a ‘data controller’ in respect of the personal information that it collects and stores from both site visitors and registered users.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We only collect basic personal data about registered users: including name, email and your employer.
We collect this personal information about registered Slipcase users during the registration process. We also collect some publicly available information including: IP Address, sector of the industry, current employer, sex, workplace city of employment & seniority level.
We collect the personal information about our registered users when they sign up to receive access to the Slipcase platform. We also collect personal information about you when you contact or interact with us through our website, the Slipcase platform or otherwise.
What is the purpose of collecting the personal data as well as the legal basis for the processing?
We collect, store and handle the personal information of registered users and site visitors for our legitimate interest in compiling the Slipcase platform and reporting back to our organisational clients. We do not share the names or contact details of any registered users with these organisational clients.
The Slipcase platform serves the interests of professionals working in the (re)insurance industry as it enables them to keep informed with the latest relevant news and insights.
It also serves the interests of organisations that wish to reach relevant industry audiences with their latest news and insights. (Re)Insurers will often need to communicate risk appetite, news and thought leadership with Brokers & Risk Managers. Likewise, Brokers keep Risk Managers and (Re)Insurers informed of corporate news via telephone, emails and press releases / marketing updates. The relationship between Risk Managers (Insurance Buyers), (Re)Insurers & (Re)Insurance Brokers is established and respected.
The Slipcase platform provides its registered users access to relevant insights and news from sources across the internet, and our organisational clients access to an audience of relevant industry professionals to enhance / generate working relationships.
We only collect personal data from registered users that we need in order to provide and oversee this service to registered users and to organisational clients. We believe in and carry out a policy of data minimisation. Slipcase holds no sensitive personal data on registered users (e.g. religious views, health history or criminal records).
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make the platform available to our registered users and visitors to provide them with a personalised feed of content that is relevant to them as individuals;
- to make the platform available to our organisational clients and to provide them with information on an audience that is relevant to their organisation;
- to provide our organisational clients with services that they request;
- where either registered users or site visitors have given us their consent, to contact them (including by e-mail) with products, news & insights which we think may interest them – for example our email newsletter titled ‘Slipcase Recommended Articles’.
We may also handle personal information to keep our website and the Slipcase platform secure and to ensure that our processes and procedures are as secure as possible.
Who are our clients?
Slipcase serves organisations within the Commercial & Specialty sector of the global (re)insurance industry. These include:
- (Re)Insurance Carriers
- (Re)Insurance Broking Organisations
- Closely related (Re)Insurance Service Providers
What do we do with your data?
All the personal data that we handle is processed by our staff in the UK. However, for the purposes of IT development, hosting and maintenance, this information is located on servers within the European Union. All our staff are aware of and comply with our data protection policies. We do not share the names or contact details of any registered users with organisational clients.
Registered users’ personal information can only be accessed via a secure and password protected site. Their personal details are restricted to only those within Slipcase. All the data held within Slipcase or relating to users is stored securely on servers held in Ireland.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us; but no transit over the internet can ever be guaranteed, so we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
What do organisational clients do with user data?
The (re)insurance community keeps itself informed of corporate news face-to- face, via telephone, emails and press releases / marketing updates. The Slipcase platform is an evolution of the processes which are well established and respected within the (re)insurance industry.
Organisations subscribe via a dedicated page and presence on the Slipcase site to broadcast their brand, expertise, news and insights in order to:
- Expand the reach of their organisation to a relevant industry audience
- Communicate strategic developments, changes and news to a relevant industry audience
- Distribute thought leadership insights to relevant verticals within the industry
- To send press releases / marketing updates
Slipcase also spends considerable time updating, uploading and checking news and insights from organisational pages and third party sources to ensure the data it holds is relevant & accurate.
Slipcase [only] wants to connect industry professionals who have a genuine interest in an organisation, publication, topic or interest area. We aim to achieve this by focusing on the following:
- We have a detailed list of organisations that can be viewed or followed
- We have a list of over 50 topics that can be viewed or followed
- We host a number of top industry trade publications that can be viewed or followed
Slipcase endeavours to foster good practice in our client’s behaviour by not sharing names, contact details or individual roles of Slipcase registered users.
If you think organisations (who are clients of Slipcase) are not using the data we hold on registered users appropriately, then please contact us at email@example.com.
How we share your personal information and who we share it with
In addition to sharing some personal information with organisational clients (please note: we do not share names or contact details of any registered users with our organisational clients), we disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: when we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf.
- IT infrastructure companies: that facilitate our provision of the Slipcase platform and the services to you.
- IT support service providers: These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long do we keep your data?
To ensure that we do not retain your data unnecessarily, Slipcase continually checks to see if the registered users on the Slipcase platform database are still working at the organisation assigned to them, as well as still having a career in (re)insurance. We work on 12 month cycles to verify the data and make sure it is still relevant. If the registered user is still working in (re)insurance, then we will retain the relevant personal information. For our organisational clients we hold their data so long as they are in an agreed contract and subscription with Slipcase. If they decide to unsubscribe, we remove that organisation from our database and remove all personal data relating to that organisation’s page (organisational content and contacts).
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
You have the following rights:
- to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- to ask us to update or correct any out of date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation);
- (where we are handling your personal information in order to perform a contract between us – therefore organisational clients) to request that we send you (or another data controller) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (in accordance with applicable data protection laws);
- to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please write to us (either by post or e-mail) at the address specified below.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Changes to this policy
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
View Our Website Terms & Conditions of Use here
View our Cookies Policy here
View our Acceptable Use Policy here
St John’s Street